Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ooooo...I like this!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Oct 18, 2003.

1. I'm lovin this EB-3!
    It's a early 70's one, cause of the pickup surround and slot headstock and binding, these are cheaper and not as collectable as earlier ones, but I like the look better on the later ones. This one is in pretty good condition, except for a headstock repair.

I really wish I could buy this...

I SO need a job!

Bass

2. Hey, that's a cool bass but I wouldn't pay that much with the break in the head stoock.

I know it can be fixed but thats a bad place for a break to happen!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Well, actully, it's not broke anymore, it has been fixed, as seen in the pics.

I for some reason always loved the look of these basses, Although I've never played one, I know I will love the sound, I love mud!

4. Good luck with the auction! Hope it goes your way!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. LOL!...I wish I could bid on it but, there is a little problem...:D ... *opens up wallet and moth flies out*

6. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    That's very close in serial number to my slothead EB-0L. These were only made from late 1969 through 1971.

Problem is, that's not a professionally-done headstock repair. If it were, the current bid would be a good deal.

7. Ebay is like the Sears Christmas wishbook, isn't it?:D

I saw that Gibson and thought, man... if only i could convince my dad to by his favorite (40 year old) son what he really wants for Christmas!

The more I see those EBO's and their clones the more I like 'em, too.

As for muddy tone, well my first bass has a Mighty Mite humbucker in it, so you could say I've got a soft spot for muddiness!

Bob

8. So true!
    I just go on there to look at all the vintage Ricks, fenders, gibsons and hofners! and I know there is no hope in hell I can actully buy one. but I do it anyway...Why do I torcher myself like this?? :D

As for muddiness?... I love it but also hate it, it's wierd, when I play my P-bass and get a clear tone, I start wishin I had it muddier, then when it's muddy, I think, "I want a clear tone!"...man, I'm starting to think I'll never be happy!