Ooooww!!! Papa's Got A Brand New (gig) Bag!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by malthumb, Jan 4, 2002.

1. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Okay, the whining can offically stop. Many TBers may recall my issues with finding a gig bag to fit my 52" long Alembic 5 string. Well, I just got it :D

This bag was custom made to fit a bass up to 54" long. I had bought a red leather Reunion Blues type bag off Bass Gear . The seller thought it would fit my bass but it was too short. To make the deal right, he offered to custom make the same bag for me with extra neck length added. He has invested in a company that makes custom bags and offered to put the new company to work making my bag.

I sent him the measurements for my bass and within about a week he informed me that the bag was complete. In fact, it took longer for UPS to get the bag to me than it did to make the bag!!

Specifics: It's a heavily padded black leather bag, 54" long, with one large pocket in front of the body area and one generously sized pocket up the neck at the headstock location. I can fit a strap, a 25' cord, several sets of strings and whatever in the large pocket. I can fit a tuner, my Pandora, small patch cords and a bunch of batteries in the top pocket. It has two sturdy straps on the back, so it can be worn backpack style to free up both hands.

If anyone needs a larger than standard gig bag, or is simply in the market for a high quality, very protective bag, PM me and I will provide you contact info.

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

But, this thread is more of a Misc. type topic. So, that is where it now is.:D