1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ooops - nearly bought the same amp twice!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Sneakypete, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    Ebay and boring lunch-hours in the dayjob don't help with GAS do they? I was recently looking around for a cheap knockabout combo just for rehearsals and bedroom blasting to save my back from carrying my rack rig and saw a Laney 300W 2x10 at about the right price. Just at the last moment before bidding I realized I used to have the exact same model for the exact same purpose and only about two years ago! I sold it on because I'd found it heavier to lug around and not as powerful as I'd expected. So I'm wondering if anyone has bought something and only afterwards realized that they already been through that particular experience? Was it an expensive mistake?

2. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    No takers? I know why - it's like everything else I do - stupid mediocrity. Maybe I should give up this bass malarkey - after playing nearly 40 years I'm still not very good at it and still looking for that 'perfect' band. Okay, nothing is ever perfect but I'd settle for one like my first proper band - good friends, no serious arguments or personality clashes - a couple of enjoyable gigs each month. Perhaps some things are just meant for young people - although I go to see local bands at least a couple of times a month the number of players over fifty is vanishingly small. My fellow baby-boomers wherefore art thou? Not selling my rig just yet though.

3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    be a bassist forever-at any level

4. Step

Step

Feb 20, 2008
    Maastricht
    well, I'm not much of a buyer but I have been guilty of buying new basses and then playing my good ole squier more

it's like I need other basses to let me justify the squier, which is the bass I love to play the most