1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ooops, there goes my Polytune screen protector

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mouthmw, Oct 18, 2013.

1. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I was vacuuming my board today and I went over my pedals and managed to suck my polytune mini screen plastic in an instant. And now I wonder, did any of you lose/peel theirs? Wonder if the screen won't get badly scratched without it.

2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    You mean the plastic that is used for shipping and that you should remove before it heats up and dries up in a bloody mess on your screen? People actually keep those on? :)

3. Menno

Menno

Feb 21, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I always peel those of, first thing. Well, second thing. I'll take it out the protective bubblewrap first...

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You guys took yours out of the protective cardboard box??? :rollno:

I just kept mine in the box and cut a window so I could see the screen, then some holes for the power and signal and a small hole in the top so I could stick a pencil through it and hit the switch to turn it on.

5. Unless you play in golf cleats I doubt you'll scratch your pedal's screen at all.

6. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    If it bugs you, go to Staples and pay a buck for a cellphone or PDA protector sheet.
    One minute with some scissors later and ta da...

7. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Do you mean the screen film or the actual plastic hard cover? I've had mine come off and then I just gorilla glued it back on...no worries!

8. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    The film. Wow, surprised to see so many of you take it off :O if you check classifieds, they usually come with those on. I sold my first polytune (the bigger one) with it on, used it for a couple of years too.
    I guess cell phone screen protectors would work as a replacement :)
    I doubt I'll need one though.

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I suggest soft shoes so you don't scratch your pedals. Something like these ... ;)

FluffyBunnySlippers.

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    No, no, no ... you want your box to be mint, any holes takes at least 50% off the resale value of the pedal.

11. I reliced mine; looks totally awesome.

12. Filkarri

Filkarri

May 31, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Those just might be the greatest slippers of all time.