1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oops I did it again... Again!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sonicfrog, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    You know how last summer I decided to finally become a gui****? That's coming along nicely TVM, as in two weeks I'm going to play a song at an open mic all by my lonesome, just me and the guitar.

Well, that apparently jus011111111111.... Sorry, my dog decided to get into the conversation. Anyway, I decided that learning to play the guitar wasn't enough.... and I just bought a drum set! It's a red Pulse at the heart of it - toms, bass, and snare. I did have to buy some new hardware - high hat stand, cymbal stand, and as it turns out I had to replace the bass pedal. I had intended to do this cheaper, but I didn't consider how much the hardware would be before I bought the drums on Craigslist for 90 smacks. Spent about 250 in all.

Though I bought the thing a couple of days ago, I have yet to put the thing together. I might have some time this afternoon before my gig tonight. I hope this experiment goes well.

PS. The song I will be performing is Tim Finn's "Persuasion", and the guitar it will be played on is a Taylor 614CE. What a fine guitar that is.

2. Sonicfrog

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    ... And since the last post a month ago, I bought a Mandolin at a garage sale for $25. I think I'm going crazy. It's actually a pretty easy instrument to play. The instrument sounds pretty good for a cheapie, but will need some nut filing to get it to stay in tune when a fretted note is played.

3. Guitar, then drums.

My friend, you are on a downward spiral.

I think it is time some of us gave you an intervention :p

;)

4. Good luck with the drumming... I've been wanting to acquire a small drum kit to learn how to play basic stuff on. Drummers seem to be the rarest commodity!

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

At least 2 guitar teachers have told me; "drummers make better guitarists".

But then again, some drummers ain't so good at keepin' time. So take it for what it's worth.

Competency at drums and/or bass will almost always land you a gig. Guitarists audition always involve about 30% of any given region's population.

6. I have a concertina that I inherited from my dad. Think that's worth a shot?

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Fassa? ... is that you?

8. Fire on, your funeral !

:bag:

No references to Serbian or Sherwoods :bag:

9. Sonicfrog

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Yes, but note you didn't say that you actually PLAY the thing! :hyper:

10. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    It sounds like you're on your way to having a complete bandroom! Welcome to the club!

X8