Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OOPS! My bad

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by notduane, Dec 18, 2000.

1. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    In a couple of posts, I've mentioned http://www.juststrings.com .
    I said the only thing they DON'T have is Rotosound NICKEL roundwounds.
    My mistake! They DO carry the RB40, RB40-5, RB45, and RB45-5 sets :D .

NO, Sandra or Jim from JustStrings didn't tell me to shut my yapper.
    I did a more focused search at their site and realized the error of my ways :oops: .
    So now there's no reason to go anyhwhere else! (Please don't shoot me Herm :) ).

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey! You're not Duane, are you?

3. Hmmm, If only I could shoot somebody dead in cyber space -

Oh, was that out loud.

Thanks for thinking enough of me to ask me not to shoot you. I'm always flattered when somebody asks me not to shoot them.

I've obviously never bought from Just strings, but from what I've heard, and other indications have led me to believe that they are a very reputable string dealer. They seem to be more focused than I was at running their business. I tried to spread myself too thin, doing so many other projects as well as the string business. But I got to tell you (shameless plug), If you don't at least check out my string blowout (shamless plug) sale, now known as the "wife wants them gone sale", your missing out on some great prices (shamless plug). See "Bass guitar and accessories - for sale" forum for my (shamless plug) post. I have a few sets of Rotosound Nickel sets left!

Herm

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    No sir!...definitely not,...NOT...ummmm...DUANE! :p
    Whew!...whuh-oh!!! [​IMG]
    Hey! Maybe you can help this fella' who posted over in the Basses forum? :confused:
    He's got a Peavey Millennium 5 and was askin' what kinda' strings to use.
    The best I could think of was D'Addario Super-Longs or the GHS set for the Modulus Quantum 5 [​IMG]

I'm sorry dude! If I'da known there was a wife involved, I woulda' just shut right the he** up.