Oops on 4th of July (New P Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbybass85, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    EDIT: SO here's the thing, I've been thinking of doing a red tort pg on it but let me see pics of other black n maple basses with some unique pg colors (blue pearl, gold whatever) Thanks!

So my guitar player wanted to go to GC on the 4th to pick up some cables and other incidentals. While he's walking around, I head over to the basses and start chatting with the sales guy, next thing I know I come walking out with this in my hands.

It's my first American-made Fender and it is sweet!! Super-low but clean action.

As far as people's opinions of GC i find the service hit or miss, this was definitely a home-run, the guy was awesome. Very knowledgeable and easy to talk too, not to mention he took the time to make sure everything was setup right and cleaned.

Attached Files:

2. Congrats on your new MIA P-Bass, you've def stepped up with your the new MIA Fender. 08' MIA J-Bass owner and couldn't be happier.:)

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

how about black pearl ? :D
    darkstar-1.gif

btw , nice lookin' bass ya' got there ... :D:bassist:

4. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I feel your joy, and my pain!
    Walked in to GC on Friday, left with an Acoustic B200 amp (planned purchase).
    Walked in to GC on Sunday, left with my SECOND MIA P-Bass (unplanned purchase).
    Rationalization: The stock market is tanking; I'm investing in future-vintage instruments.

5. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hahaha, I used the same "investment" rationale on my squeeze on why I spent $1084 instead of $384 on the mexi-made. (She doesn't know the difference beyond the price, but she will learn) As for the black pearl, I like it... but it's not quite right for me. Now the darkstar... there's an idea lol

6. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    Black-on-black is a great look for P-basses, esp. with a maple neck! My guitarist has a black on black Tele w/ cream binding; very nice! congrats on the new bass!

7. Richard89

Richard89

May 7, 2007
    Sweden
    Congrats, nice bass:)

Yeah, I also think a black pickguard would be nice on that one.
    Here's my '78:
    Untitled-3.jpg

8. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    What about abalone... anyone have black and abalone??

9. Arsenal_Fierce

Arsenal_Fierce

May 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Well, it's not abalone, but here's what black and gold looks like.

1a6a_12.jpg

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021