1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Open Air Lifestyle Enhancement Center

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Apr 8, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You like that thread title? :)

I saw the term on a flyer announcing a major renovation to our local indoor shopping mall. In this world of being politically correct, and trying to come up with ways to name things to sound trendy and rich, this is the latest. An Open Air Lifestyle Enhancement Center!!

What is it? Oh, for the past 10 or so years we have called them strip malls. The indoor mall in my area is preparing to undergo a major renovation. In an attempt to attract trendy retailers, and to be able to change more for their goods, they decided to rename the strip mall part of the renovation to the above. :rollno:

-Mike

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Do they pay their Sanitation Engineers more than the Malls do???

3. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    They built a few of those here.
    They try to make it look like a street or little "uptown" shopping district. It's actually pretty slick.
    There are sidewalks and a street running down the middle. You can parallel park (if your lucky) right in front of some of the stores. Dosen't look like a strip mall at all
    But, really nothing more than a strip mall!

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Strip malls around here are starting to have little parks in the middle or towards the entrance here in State College.

5. in my world, an Open Air Lifestyle Enhancement Center would mean a lake in the middle of Northern Wisconsin :)

6. Sounds like some sort of outdoorsie retirement home...

Rock on
    Eric

7. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    +1

Or Canada. :)