1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Open Box Short Scale Chromes on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by wellshuxley, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Has anyone else noticed that Amazon sells open-box sets of Chromes via their "Warehouse Deals" business? I ordered a short scale set for <$11 last night. I haven't received them yet, but everything else I've ordered from Warehouse Deals (electronics cords, table tennis paddle, robot vacuum) has arrived "like new," regardless of the condition listed. Hard to beat that deal!

2. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    Like new or new? It is possible that they sell it listed that way in order to sell it below what the manufacturer allows.

3. Mine were listed as "like new." I haven't received the strings yet, but I'll report back on their condition once I do.

4. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    Sorry, I meant the stuff that you've received in the past. You quoted like new so not sure if you were meaning they were more than just like new.

5. A few items seemed to have been opened and repackaged, and others had no visible signs of previous ownership

6. GK Growl

GK Growl Banned

Dec 31, 2011
    I've bought several sets of strings from Amazon Warehouse Deals and they all have been great. Slightly torn packaging and less than half price suits me just fine. Here's what I've bought:

DR Fat Beams 125-45 = $13
    DR Hi Beams 125-45 = $16
    DR Neon Green 125-45 = $14

All were new sets that had slightly torn packaging with a little tape on them. Just yesterday they had a twin pack of D'Addario EXL160s on there for $13 for two sets.