Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Open Hammer Tap?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by labgnat, Nov 29, 2005.

1. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    anyone else here do this? i figured this out about 5 years or so ago. but it's hard to incoporate into a song other than it just being a fill. i'll explain what i'm doing.
    i slap an open E but instead of slapping behind the 24 fret i come down to about the 20th fret to do that slap. and then i hammer on 15 fret G on the E string. then hammer the octave 17th fret D string then tap the 20th fret on g string then hammer the 17th fret on D again. and just repeat that really fast and it sounds pretty sweet, but you do it more than 7 or 8 times and it just sounds like noise. and after playing it 8 times i'll tap the g string behind 24 fret to get the G to ring out then hit some raked harmonics to bring it back into the song. i suppose this would be really cool in the middle of a solo tap piece but i'm pretty much crap at any sort of complicated tapping. so i what i'm asking is for some creative input into expanding on this technique oh and the timing on it is 1st 3 notes are a triplet. last 2 are 1/8
    and all very percussive