Open invitation to all supporting TB members and mods!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Right now I am recording a song. It is very bare bones, and as of right now I only have a palm muted overdrive guitar track. All my ideas for bass lines seem to not bring the song anywhere near where I want it. So I'm calling out an open invitation to all of those interested to have there bass skills be put onto a record that will be heard by as many at 5 PEOPLE!

Here are the requirments:
    A.) You must be a supporting member of Talkbass, or you must be a moderator.

B.) You must have a recording software where you are able to record 16 bit or 24 bit wav files.

and thats it! Just post down here if you want participate. Keep in mind that I do have to send you an mp3 for you to come up to a bass part with, so it would be prefered if you have AIM or ICQ. I will pick 3 people first, and if I think that the bassline does not fit the part ( I hate to be the bad guy. :( ), I will continue down the list.

Thank you,
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Not a supporting member...
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, that just ruined the song.
  5. hmm suporting members and mods only...sounds like the lounge :D

Then again I am sure there are supporting members who don't go there. I hardly ever do due to that fact that I don't like most of the threads
  6. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    This still going on?
  7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

It might sound like 1968, but I will give it a shot ...

I will send you new email addy,
    PM me if you are not done,

8. Just out of curiosity, why the elitism with the supporting members only? seems very cocky to me
  9. U dOnt uNdrStnd WeRe l337. :rolleyes:
  10. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I would like to give it a shot. I have digital recording stuff and right now I have writers block so it would be a reason for me to do some recording. Plus it would be fun. it would help you out.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you want the song ruined, gimmie a ring.
  12. Freaky "Harry" Fender is a "cocky" kinda guy and, well, you know the saying.... cocks of a feather flock together.
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    If you can use 'corny', I'm game....y
  14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I'll give it a shot.
  15. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hey, freaky, if you want, I can contribute some "6 string piccolo bass" stuff too. I do play that instrument as well. And yes, I am buying a supporting membership again....
  16. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
  17. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Just bought my supporting membership. I'm in if you want me to be!

And I also have good recording stuff, for home studio, anyways. I'd loe to hear this thing at least.
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Send it my way. Im still trying to figure out recording on this comp, but what the heck.