Open invitation to TBers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Okay, so today, my little brothers Axel and Colin were laid over in Houston TX for abou 8-9 hours. Bad, right?

Worse. Come to find out/remember TBer and good buddy Jay is like 40 minutes from Houston X. They could have rocked Halo with him for 6 hours instead of sitting in a damn airport for 8 hours. Why? Because Jay is cool like that.

Similarly, MJ5150 offered to drive my sister down from Seattle to Portland in the middle of an ice storm this January. Why? Because he's cool like that. Heck, I'd never really even talked to him, or even exchanged witty posts on TB, and he'd go 4-5 hours (well, 8-10!) out of his way to be cool.

TBers Jon Burnett and Prime Mover, and Dave Siff let me crash at their respective hotel rooms and house whilst I was in Atlanta, free of charge, because they are all cool like that too.

Former TBer Brad Barker let me use a cable at a gig once, because I was stupid. Because he's cool like that too.

I was talking to Jay, and I said "I wish I did cool stuff like that."

So, with that, I'ma say this to all TBers: if you're ever up around Portland and are in need, hit me up. I'm online often enough that at the worst, you'd be stuck for maybe, maybe a few hours (between work and school, I'm pretty close to computers all day), and I'll see what can be done. I know peoples, and I am peoples.

This means you all can officially say "I know a guy in Portland" should the dookie hit the fan. Because I think I need to be cool like that too.

And y'all should too.
  2. well thats cool. Maybe next time im in portland i'll need ya, but that wont be anytime soon. ;)

I would be cool like that too, but i'm not too reliable. Unless you can catch me on MSN, plus not many people are gonna be in rural SW oklahoma anyway.
    But I'll be here.
  3. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Good call, viking-boy.

Anybody stuck in Melbourne between now and 17th of July feel free to hit me up.

Likewise anybody stuck in London after the 25th of July or so. Although we won't have our own place for awhile. Still.

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now....I need to look at kittens.
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

My sister brought home the cutest kitten!

but we cant keep it. :bawl:
  5. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeash...I don't know. One dirty musician in my house is one too many according to my wife.

/singing Long haired freaky people need not apply

Kidding. Anyone ever needin' something while in Omaha please let me know.

I'm feeling the love here...anyone else?
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Same goes for anyone in Central FL.

If you need a place to crash, or some gear to borrow let me know and Ill try to help. Dont have a car though.
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Open house for anybody crashing in San Francisco right here. I live in the Haight, and I'm 4 doors down from the bars. If you buy me enough beers, I might even let you play one of my basses.
  8. if anyone needs a place to stay in austin, texas....ask house is booked.
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey Brendan, thanks for the kind words. :D

We come down to Portland quite a bit during the summer to see friends who live down there. It's a great place. My buddy works at the fire station near Apple Music. Now, I have another buddy to stop by and say "Hello" to when we are in town.

Dude....thanks for being cool like that.

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Brendan- I need to ask man' have ya been drinking again?? For some reason I just picture that look on your face that was posted with you leaning on the wall. :D

Anyone need something in SE Minnesota sounth of the Twin Cities, or near Wisconsin etc let me know.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sone Stober.

Nope, dry on this one. This ain't an "I love you guys," thing. It's just something that kinda popped into my head.

So I've done some drinkeratin'... and now I'm the TB lush, apparently.
  13. oh and i need cheap lodging this year around the Dayton/Vandalia Ohio area...;). Anyone live there?
  14. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Good idea.

If you ever find yourself in or near Starkville, MS, after August 17th then you can hit me up no problem.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    NO problem????

How about the 22nd-24th of October? I'll be in town for the UF football game.

(I wonder if I should mention that I am a HUGE Gator fan???) :D

16. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    If any of you are in Indiana(WHY!!!!!!????), contact me and I'll reccomend a good hotel. I'd invited you to stay here but Memphis(cat) and the centipedes don't allow over night guests....
  17. Wow.... I'm feeling the love, so I'm going to jump in the bandwagon....

If any of you find yourselves in Vancouver, give me a shout and I'll see if I can get Smash to accomodate you.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Dude, if you are a huge Gator fan you should fly across the country and crash here in my dorm room. Its less than a five minute walk to the Swamp (Football stadium) or the O'Connel Center (Basket Ball Courts)!

Seriously though, if you are in Florida and wanna catch a game let me know. Ill get some tickets.
  19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Brendan, what about the guy that tolerated you in his car for 12 hrs of driving hmm....hmmm....

I'm there y'all, anyone ever in Orlando (Nick man, you're a stone's throw away), mi casa es su casa. I'm moving at the end of the month, so the next few weeks before & after that will be a bit tetchy, but otherwise, my door is open and my couch is free.

I've been treated like family by Dave Siff numerous times, and have done all I can to reciprocate to all other TBers.

Oh yeah, y'all are always welcome to come visit me at work, and I promise not to use the magic "buy me" dust (well, not too much of it at least! ;) )

...ok, I'm all verklempt...

Let me give you a topic: An egg creme is neither an egg nor a creme...

20. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    (Was waiting for this one, because he intentionally left it out of the first post)

I always figured I was doing you a favor, what with gracing you with my presence and all.

(What, not give Gard greif? Naaaah)