Open mouth/Insert foot

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BlackburstJBP, Nov 21, 2005.

1. What was the worst experience you have at embarrising yourself? Done sumpn stooped or said the wrong thing. Here is my story A few years back me and a buddy were traveling to a gig,almost a 4 hour drive.It was hot that day and his AC didnt work in the car.There was road construction and traffic was down to 2 lanes.This was going on for miles!I remember keeping a 35 mph pace when it should have been 55 or 65 well,after about an hour of this snail pace the road became open again.Cars started moving back to 4 lanes again.After picking up the pace it became all too clear why we were only going 35.well there was an old swimming pool green chevy nova in the distance they were to blame for this traffic jam.So I figured the least the deserved was a good mooning.So when we finally caught up with them,I jumped up on the seat,dropped em,and hung the hams out of the window.When I got a glimpse of who it was I just mooned I really felt bad.It was a car full of elderly nuns.Man I,m going to fry for that one :bawl: ..Ok boys spill yours :)
  2. OK this summer i was at a concert in a rather small bar. This very attractive woman in her early 20s sits down on the seat across from me. Just as i start to try and start a conversation with her, one of my co-workers who i went to the show with comes up holding his nose points at me and said "he just let the nastiest fart go!". she leaves and i nearly kill the guy
  3. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

1. Puked on my gym teacher
    2. While trick or treating with the kids, we stopped at house in our neighborhood were my second cousin lived(last I heard). I asked for him, turns out they just seperated.
    3. I constantly forget birthdays and such.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.
  4. there have been a few f-ups in my life but the one i can think of right now is .....

i was with my band at a strip club before a gig and we were just shooting some pool and chatting up the girls as usual ..... one of the girls came up to me and asked for the guitarist's home phone number because she 'said' she wanted to talk to him about booking us for a show ..... stupid me, i gave her his home phone number :scowl:

i was young and naive so NEVER do that kiddies, he almost ripped my head off when said stripper called him at home and his girlfriend answered :bag:
  5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Mortifying. My best friend made me laugh so hard I threw up - into his wife's purse.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

7. In early 2001, I went out on the town with my father-in-law, brother-in-law and a few of his buddies who were all in town for a home-builders convention. We had a couple before leaving the house, then went to dinner and really tied one on. My father-in-law went home at that point, while the rest of us (one of the guys was sober) drove downtown to a strip club. They had $2 bottles of Bud, so I kept right on drinking.
    Eventually, around one in the morning, I stumbled to the bathroom. Next thing I know, I'm waking up.. sitting on the toilet in a stall, pants around my ankles. I look at my watch.. 4:15 a.m. Uh oh.
    I collect myself, head pounding, and walk out of the bathroom. The place is pretty much empty. One of the strippers, whom I had donated a good bit of money to earlier in the evening, sees me and says, "Your friends were looking all over for you but they left a while ago." Without a ride, I immediately grab a cab to my father-in-law's house, arriving around 5 a.m. or so. The guys see me pull up and come running outside, eyes blazing. "Where the #$^%#&%&^# were you? What the #*$%@#*$%*@#? Your father-in-law is going to KILL you!" Apparently, they thought I had gone off with one of the girls. I told them the real story, and then excused myself to puke in the street. Meanwhile, my father-in-law is driving over to my house because my wife has been calling him since midnight and is worried half to death that something happened to me. We caught him on his cell phone before he got there. He was cool with it when he got home. My wife.. not so much. Let's just say I was in the doghouse for a couple of days.
  8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Reminds me of the one time I was in Ann Arbor, I think it was
    '76. We end up closing up this bar that is across the street
    from the old Fleetwood Diner. We had some friends with us that were local, including this guy Paul who had just married this cute nurse about 3 months earlier.

So we get him back to his apartment about 5, open the door and shove him in, and he crawls to the bathroom where
    he does who knows what. She gets up at around 5:30 for work.

Last I heard they got divorced within a year. Hey, it wasn't
    my fault!

Dave, if that was my wife she never would have bought
    that story. Never!
  9. Well, during a class I had a while back, I was asked what the key signature was for Db major, and I threw in F#.

I felt pretty dumb.
  10. Was in a pub up in Cavan drinking with some auld fella, and he was telling me about his daughter, who he said was very autistic. I asked him what sorta stuff she paints. :meh:
  11. I hit a parked suburban on my bike back in high school. I ruined an entire back door on the car. I hit so hard that the bone marrow in my right arm shot to the surface of my skin, I actually thought my bass playing days were over.

The emberassing part was when people would ask what I did to my arms. Now it's funny. :)
  12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    me; "man, that ms. Coullier is a real bitch, you know, damn, I hate her gut!"

*everybody is quiet all of the sudden and looks away*

I turn around and look straight into the eye of ms. Coullier.

This must have happened a dozen of times, with different teachers..
  13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

brilliant :D
  14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well... you are kinda still OK. cause like. you could have just said E#, then F#.... and just played it off like you like to be difficult.
  15. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    In one class a few years back, I'd fallen asleep with an empty can of soda next to me. I woke up in one of those abrupt spasmodic moments, knocking the empty can flying across the room. It was a rather small class, around 12 people, so everyone noticed, including the teacher.

So I pick up my can, put it back on my desk, and proceed to fall asleep again, only to wake up and knock the can away a second time. :rollno:
    It wasn't that humiliating, but I looked pretty dumb.
  16. trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Was chatting to a bloke about a regular dance held on Friday nights. He made a comment about one 17 year old girl in particular who attended the dance, and had had a child as a result. He joked she was now walking around 'foal at foot'. I laughed.

Later on that same day, another guy (Much older) is talking to me about the same dance. Remembering the 'foal at foot' comment, I begin to recite it...

Then, I realise that it was this guy's son that impregnated her.

17. mr tea

mr tea

Mar 9, 2005
    where do i start?

walked into the common room when i was back at school, upon noticing that most people seemed really upset i asked "what's wrong with everyone, it's not like someone has died". somebody had actually died.

at a wedding earlier this year i saw a girl i'd not seen in ages. it probably didn't help that i had forgotten all about her, yet she reconised me. after filling her in about the great stuff i'd been up to in the last 6/7 years i ask about her. she mentioned her divorce and that she use to have two children, but now only has one. stupidly i asked what happened to the other. well how was i suppose to know it died. i mad my way to the profitterolls.