Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Open Question for Bassists Familiar with Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twilightsong, Dec 13, 2003.

1. twilightsong

twilightsong

Dec 13, 2003
    Hello. I'm not a bass player per se, but I do own a nice Warwick that I'm a bit puzzled about. It's a Dolphin Pro II (I emphasize the "II"). I've tried doing searches on the Internet to get info about this bass, but all that comes up are items about the Dolphin Pro I. Does anyone know anything about this bass, e.g., how it was marketed in relation to the Dolphin Pro I, etc.

I sure this isn't some kind of knock-off. I bought it used at Guitar Center a couple years ago. One thing about it, this bass sounds great, nice fusion-esque growl to it. Thanks for the help.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've honestly never heard of a Dolphin Pro II, just the I. I'd suggest emailing Warwick at dbglit@danabgoods.com as they can probably help you. Do you have any pics of the bass? Good luck man, Warwicks rock.

3. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Any chance we could see some pictures?

Also, if ya dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Ive been following warwick for a while...dont think ive heard of a second edition of the dolphin...they have the new cheaper model, but its not a "II"....very interesting.

Aye, email the address posted above, if anyone would know, they would.

-Chap

4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    The Pro II was the bolt-on version of the Pro I. Think of it like how the Streamer LX is to the Stage I and Stage II. I can't remeber what the retail or list prices were on those basses back in the day, but they seem to sell for about 700-900 today depending on condition. I believe it had an Ash body and the MEC 2 band Silver electronics. It was probobly discontinued 7-10 years ago. Hope that helps.

5. Here's the only picture of one I can find. It's the same bass that Halftooth described. does your bass have a bolt on neck like this?

[​IMG]

6. twilightsong

twilightsong

Dec 13, 2003
    sorry it took so long for me to return to this... Yes, my bass has the same bolt-on neck:

[​IMG]

I paid about $1100 a couple years ago at Guitar Center. I think it might've been hot, however -- the serial number has been sanded away...!

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they were sanded off???? i would have gotten cheaper than that....sheesh

steve

8. twilightsong

twilightsong

Dec 13, 2003
    Yeah, I didn't notice until I got home. :mad:

9. This doesn't reflect too well on that particular Guitar Center. :rolleyes:

Mike