1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Open stage celeb.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Warwickthumb, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Tonight was quite a night for me at open stage. I frequent a local bar open stage here. It helps me work on chops etc. I call it practice:) Anyways, so there is this cat there. I've seen him before. I was going to play with him one night, but he really didn't know who I was and choose another bass player. Well tonight I got my chance. This guy was freaking amazing on guitar. And he played the thing backwards!!! High stings on top. I find out this is Matt "guitar" Murphys nephew!!! THat pretty much explains it. I guess he went on tour with his uncle and the blues brothers in Europe. So I got to prove myself as a bass player. To them I was just some white guy I guess. But they liked my playing. So we talked a while after. Talked about influences. Music. Jaco of course. Life on the road. Todays music. Blues Brothers. Just about everything. I confirmed it with a reliable souce. Just to make sure this guy wasn't full of it. And he really is who he says he is. Pretty cool stuff