Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

opening a music store.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Sep 2, 2002.

1. my parents have been toying around with opening a music store, and my bro and i have been assigned the task to research info on obtaining a dealership license from companies...do any of you know how to do that? like do you have to qualify to carry a certain company...and if so, what kind of criteria do you have to meet?? any info would be so greatly appreciated.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I could be talking out of my patootie, but I think you'll have to have a business license first.

I do know there might be restrictions on the product you might be able to carry based on what other stores are already offering in your region. You might want to look around, see what's absent from other stores and buy accordingly. The old "find a need and fill it" principle.

Hope this helps.

3. oh i know about the whole business license thing, my parents are handling all that stuff, as far as financing and whatnot, my mom has a degree in business, haha, so thats not the proble, this was just what task i was assigned, as to not work everyone in the family to death. but thanks for your help. we are quite far from alot of music stores quite actually,thats why we have the hankeirng to open one here. thank you very much for your help.

4. i suggest hanging a huge disco ball from the middle of teh celing in your store. otherwise i have nothing to say...
    *runs*