1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opening for Gojira May 9 @ Harpo's Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Denial54, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Denial54

Denial54

Jan 26, 2007
    May 9, 2009
    Door Open 5:00 PM at Harpo’s
    14238 Harper Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48213
    Cost: $15.00

This is our bands first true major show! And we are lucky enough to have gotten in a position where we can open for our absolute favorite band. For me it's truly not comprehensible to be able to play before a band that has influenced your life and playing so much.

If anyone would like to go to this gig, please contact me, as I can get you tickets without ticketmaster fees. Our band really needs to sell at least 50 tickets.

Also, if there is any suggestions on what to do, regarding any part of the concert. What do say to the bands, what to do with merch, tips for on stage? Anything is appreciated.

Please come out if you can. www.myspace.com/denialprog

...oh! sorry, i just realized i put this in the wrong thread....

2. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    I thought that I read a band named Gojira was sued by Toho and had to change their name. Different band, maybe?

3. Denial54

Denial54

Jan 26, 2007
    Their original name was Godzilla, and they were sued for that, but they could use Gorjira being the original Japanese name.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Wow! Harpo's! A great stage and a decent sound system. I saw Megadeth there years ago.

Congrats on a great opener. I am playing the night before and Sunday is Wife's (Mother's) Day or I would buy a ticket and help you guys out.

All I can say is good luck!

5. Denial54

Denial54

Jan 26, 2007
    thanks man, good luck tomorrow night...hope all goes well
    and we've talked to some other guys who had played there before, and they told us it doesn't really matter how many tickets we sell other than it determines the order of bands, and i'm fine with opening since it's really our first big gig so i'm not really worried about ticket sales much anymore.