1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opening for Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers tomorrow night!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RitchS, Apr 1, 2013.

1. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Auburn California
    Super stoked! He's been a favorite of mine since the mid 90's!! Gotta go practice now! See you tomorrow night!

2. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I had never heard of them until a friend insisted that we go see them at one of our local venues. Apparently they have some really diehard fans, even if they're under the radar for a lot of us.

3. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Auburn California
    They put on one of the most energetic, pure straight up rock shows. I've seen them at least 20 times and it's always been great. Check out The Refreshments. He was the lead singer/songwriter of that band AND he wrote the theme song to King of the Hill.
    Only 10 hours til we go on, 11 until The Peacemakers do!!

4. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Auburn California
    What an awesome show and what a bunch of great guys The Peacemakers are. Very accommodating to us even to the point of Roger Clyne offering his amp up to our guitarist. Great show even though it was a Tuesday night. If these guys come to your town, go see em. You won't be disappointed.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Just seeing this now, or would have wished all the best. Glad to hear it was a great show for you. I LOVE Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers. I've tried to convince friends to travel to the Puerto Peñasco shows, but I've never been able to get much interest.

6. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Auburn California
    They'll be in San Juan Cap in about a week. Get some chloroform, a rag and get your friends there! They'll appreciate it after they kick your a$$ and see the show.

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Just seeing this now, or would have wished all the best. Glad to hear it was a great show for you. I LOVE Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers. I've tried to convince friends to travel to the Puerto Peñasco shows, but I've never been able to get much interest.