Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Operation Ivy/Rancid/Common Rider

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michael Bolton, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton

Nov 13, 2004
    Delran, NJ
    anyone listen to any of these bands here. im a pretty big op ivy and common rider fan. rancid is pretty good as well.

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    This would be better in Misc.

I grew up with Op Ivy, and I still think "Last Wave Rockers" is woefully underappreciated.

Rancid are alright, but I feel that I've grown out of them. They seem so cartoonish now. They still have some solid tunes though.

3. I too, have grown out of rancid. I used to absolutely love that band...now I find myself skipping through a lot of tracks when I listen to their cds.

Never gave common rider a spin, and never was a big op ivy fan, exception of a few songs.

"Let's Go" and "Out Come The Wolves" still recieve some spin time on occasion though.

4. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    Rancid is alright but I really like Op Ivy. Never listined to Common Rider though.

5. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

Apr 15, 2013
    $hile
    I love op ivy and rancid, haven't listened to common rider much.....

6. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Op IVY is great of course. Rancid's first record was amazing then IMO they went down a very "postcard" punk road, but that is okay cuz they weren't trying to change the face of music.
    I would recommend listening to Jesse Michael's band "Big Rig" or Dave Mello's band "Schlong"
    Links to both bands below

7. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Back in the day I was definitely into Op Ivy, Rancid less so, I was already moving beyond punk/HC. Never heard of Common Rider. Sounds like an insurance term.

8. I prefer Operation Ivy, but still really like a lot of the Rancid stuff, especially the short, harder stuff like I Am Forever.

9. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I love Rancid and Operation Ivy. I listened to nothing but Lets Go over and over and over for 4 days straight. A good 3-4 full listens per day. Mind you, this was like a month ago...and I'm 31 years old :)

I don't believe I've ever listened to Common Rider...I'll check it out.