Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opeth Live DVD is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMX, Dec 16, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I went to my local dealer today to find something for Xmas.

Lo and behold, THERE IS A NEW Opeth DVD out!!! I didn't know it was even in the making. :oops:
    I'm only a few minutes into the first song (Windowpane), but this one in an essential addition to anyone's Xmas list.

Sound and picture quality are every good as far as I can tell (I don't have surround).

BUY IT, OR ELSE.... :D

Oh, the tracklist:

Opeth - Lamentations Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2003

1. Windowpane
    2. In My Time Of Need
    3. Death Whispered A Lullaby
    4. Closure
    5. Hope Leaves
    6. To Rid The Disease
    7. Ending Credits
    8. Harvest
    9. Weakness
    10. Master's Apprentices
    11. The Drapery Falls
    12. Deliverance (WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!)
    13. The Leper Affinity (see Deliverance)
    14. A Fair Judgment

The concert runs 2 full hrs, the documentary (The Making Of 'Deliverance' & 'Damnation' runs 65 minutes.

2. Who is Opeth???? I am going to assume from the song titles that they are some sort of heavy metal band. I just haven't kept up with metal the way I used to. And this is coming from someone who has opened up for Death and Testament!! (Man was that a blast). I guess I have become such a jazz freak that I don't follow metal anymore. I just get so depressed when I turn on the radio and hear all the junk that sounds the same and shows no thought! Anyway, I just thought I would ask who Opeth was.

3. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Opeth is a Swedish band who have succeeded in fusing death-metal heaviness with lyrical acoustic guitars and a prog or romantic vibe.

I recommend checking out their album Blackwater Park as a primer.

Their latest coup was recording a heavy (Deliverance) and a soft, melodic album (Damnation) and the same time and releasing it some months apart.

They are the living proof that you can combine absolute heaviness with great songwriting.

www.opeth.com

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, today, I go to the cd store!

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :eek:! Sweet fanny-anny! I had not heard anything about it, either. I hope it's out in America- I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait, though.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Hate to break it to my fellow Americans. But we don't get the Opeth DVD untill sometime early next year. :(

I can't wait for this thing to hit. I saw them at the Fillmore with Porcupine Tree in August and it was AMAZING!!!!

7. MUST....BUY!

I also REALLY need Blackwater Park.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:(

*waits impatiently...

considers moving to Europe.* ;)

Sounds killer. I can't wait.

9. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Update: The 1 hour making of documentary on its own is worth buying the DVD - awesome insights, Steven Wilson rules!