Opeth live...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Feb 21, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm going to see them this Friday. I've never seen them live and needless to say I'm beside myself with excitement. I haven't been this psyched to see a band in a loooong time. Anyone else seen them live? On this tour perhaps?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've seen them, and it was awful. Terribly disappointing.

Just kidding, KICKASS show and the singer has a great sense of humor.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If the DVD is any indication of how good they are live, they should be awesome! I'm jealous - I have not had the opportunity to see them live yet.
  5. They are amazing!!! The songs from the new album rocks!
  6. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    ya know? i downloaded the discography of opeth by recommendation of a friend, i had heard a few of there extended songs, deliverence, black rose immortal, and the like. but i havent even cracked into other stuff. what albums do you recommend, as far as creativity goes?
  7. I've seen them live 3 times and they have never disappointed. Can't wait 'till they come around again, should be awesome, yet again.:p
  8. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm so jealous. Opeth are incredible live... shame they're skipping Atlanta this time around. :crying:
  9. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Blackwater Park
    Ghost Reveries

All of them really...You can't go wrong with any of their albums IMO. Blackwater Park is the one that really got me hooked.

Those clips Matt posted are sweet. I'm sure they'll be amazing.
  10. greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Best first Opeth album......My arms your hearse then blackwater park and damnation are really good. I personally don't like the new cd whatsoever. Last time i saw them live they were kind of slow moving and Mikaels voice was out, but that was because they had already played 50 shows before that on the same tour. The other time they were really really good. I was going to go see them in Israel, but the tickets got sold out.
  11. they're great, they didnt play the drapery falls though so I was sad :(
  12. Opeth nail every bit live. I've seen them both live and on the Lamentations DVD, and it's an amazing time.

Mikey is so funny that it's like get a comedy show as a bonus. When Opeth came to Seattle in October, he commented that "you're gonna call me a pussy...but I LOVE Heart." The crowd cheered him on though, and everyone was in great spirits.
  13. sweet... theyre doing a show here in a month or two tha im going to
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you look at the videos I posted, one of them Mikey is teaching the crowd how to sing in a genres of metal. :D :D It is sooooo funny.
  15. Oh man, you really scared me, I've bought the ticket and it wasn't cheap ya know! They are coming at the 28th of March, can't wait!
  16. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I saw them opening for Porcupine Tree (co-headlining?) a couple years ago no the Damnation tour. It was all acoustic/soft songs. Absolutely INCREDIBLE show. I could hear every detail of what was going on. Only show that I've been able to do that at, really. They nailed every little detail perfectly. I NEED to see them again.
  17. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    ? for those who've seen them...How long is their set?

Given that most of their songs are around 10+ mins do they just play like 6 songs? Or do they play for more like 2 hours?
  18. He definitely did that when I saw them.

"Come on, guys! More Tom Warrior. UNGH!"

Good times.
  19. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I really like opeth, the moment I listened to blackwater park they were up there with system of a down, metallica, judas priest, and herbie hancock-chameleon

do they have accents?
  20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

They have AWESOME accents.