1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

opinion about my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThrillaBazZilla, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ThrillaBazZilla

ThrillaBazZilla

Mar 17, 2008
    hey guys, I have a warwick 5 string FNA jazz.. thinking about getting a ernie ball stingray 5 string because this warwick looks kind of small (yes esthetics shouldnt matter but im a big man and i hate looking like i have a toy in my hands).. you guys think im nuts??

2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Absolutely certifiable. It's your bass get what you want.

3. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    play the SR5 first to make sure you like the sound and feel. if it sounds and feels better than the Warwick, then go for it, if not, then keep the Warwick. aesthetics are a minor concern compared to playability and sound IMO.

4. remigioremigio

remigioremigio

Feb 17, 2008
    i would go for a lakland skyline 55-02 for sure!
    gives you more sounds and is a killer bass........try it, you will be surprised...

...unless you can go for a 55-94

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

COMPLETELY different sounding, feeling, looking and playing basses. Definately try a SR before switching.

6. ThrillaBazZilla

ThrillaBazZilla

Mar 17, 2008
    thanks guys, what about a roscoe beck 5 string.. does its B come out good?

7. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    i wasn't in love with the B on my Roscoe Beck. I've played better.

8. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    do whatever you can to play before you pay. I've made the mistake of ordering what I think I was going to want and finding out it wasnt ;[
    as far as aesthetics, SOME people say they shouldnt' matter, but this is about YOUR opinion, it matters to YOU and that's all there is to it. If you want a bigger bass, then that is enough reason in itself to get one :]