Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinion on Eden cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cosmo_Smallpiece, Sep 25, 2004.

1. I'm thinking of buying an Eden 115XLT and a 210XST. I will be using an Ashdown ABM500 head and mostly play heavyish rock.

I decided on these particular models because they happen to be what's available without driving all over the country or buying mail order

I'd be grateful for any opinions as to their suitability, positive or otherwise.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That cab combination sounds great with an Eden head. Prob'ly sound pretty good with the Ashdown, too. The combination of the 15 with the 10's gives great coverage of the full range of frequencies, and Eden's superb EQ section lets you tailor the sound to sweet nirvana (not the band, the state of existence). The 210XST will be the source of the bottom in this setup, the 15 will produce the low mids, by the way.

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Sounds like a great set-up. The 210 XST is one of my favorite cabs. You will love the low end it gives you. If the 115 XLT is anything like my 215 XLT, you will definetly feel the bass.

4. So are you saying that the 2x10 will produce more bottom end than the 15.

How about the 15 on it's own as I probably won't use both for practise.

5. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, D-215XLT.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yep. that's what I'm saying. I'd never use my 115 by itself. You're going to want to use the 210 for practice.

7. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    the 21xst will be great as a stand alone cab for practice, since i gig with it alone and love it. definitely would use the 210xst over any 15"cab as a stand alone.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a similar eden cab, the 210mbx. I play at church on a small stage, so it works great there. Eden has some of the best sounding 10" equipped cabs I have ever heard. I am soon going to be the owner of an ampeg 4x8, so it will be interesting how that interacts with the eden 10s.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

and if the Eden doesn't interact well, you know where to send it! :D

-Mike

10. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    I have Eden 210T, it's sweet cab. The high sensitivity is very nice thing. And the lowmid bump suits my tone very well. :)

I would like add 212XLT later....

11. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I've had 212xlt, but I couldn't use it as standalone cab in loud situations, together with 4x10" or 2x10" it can be useful.