Opinion on SWR SM-500 and Ampeg BXT 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lomky, Jan 19, 2006.

1. lomky

Jan 19, 2006
    I have an opportunity to buy the stated amp/cab for a decent price. I would like some opinions please. I am curently playing a 5 string Fernandez, Hartke 3500, and Carvin 15" cab. I am in a punk/metal style band.

I have searched through the forums here and found some negativity towards SWR, but nice reviews regarding the BXT. I am looking for a gigging amp, and we are a touring band.

I am not loocing for other recommendations i.e. "you should look at ____ instead" as the deal is the deal. The deal is $800 CDN for the head/Cab/rack mount tuner/road case
  2. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Pretty good price. I wouldn't ever buy another SM500, though - definitely wasn't my sound. I bought it because of it's great price but was quickly disappointed...
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If it sounds good to you, buy it. Everyone's an expert on the internet. Myself included.
  4. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    yea, ur always going to find nay-sayers.

me, i bought an swr workingpro because it was the only thing in the price range that sounded good and could put out. of course i'd rather have say, a thunderfunk, eden, etc. but money and value, as well as necessity, is more important than desire. and my SWR gives me everything i could ask of it.

so if the price is right, go for it.