Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinion on Warwick Pro Fet IV?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sigbass, May 9, 2004.

1. Sigbass

Sigbass

Mar 17, 2004
    How does one of these play? Would one recomend one of these? Tell me everything you know! :hyper:

2. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    this si my current head. i use it with a warwic,k 2/10 cab. i think its great. very flexable. but always a very clear tone if that make any sense. i wont overly colour the sound of your bass but boost or cut certain atributes of it. but still retains the fundamental sound of your bass. built well, reliable. in short a great fairly inexpensive amp.

3. Sigbass

Sigbass

Mar 17, 2004
    Thanks! Anyone else know anything?

4. Sigbass

Sigbass

Mar 17, 2004
    I want to run this head first with an Avatar 212, then maybe later add a 210 or 410 on top of it. Will this head cut it? Anything else I could get in the $600 range? I'm concerned with great tone over power, but I'm not sure where that line should be drawn.

5. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i used to run this head with a 1/15 cab, and a 2/10 cab. it ran both cabs very well. there is only one output per connector on the head, but if u have 2 on the cabs theres no problem. i found it to be loud and very responsive.

6. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Really old post i know but Ive sold everything and have TWO of these , one with the Italic logo and the next model , both German . Best amps Ive ever used ..........