1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinion: Which would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Warpeg, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    A guy I know owns a newer, basic, black USA Fender Jazz Bass. He's interested in trading me for my newer Spector Legend 4 (which I upgraded to full EMG's and BQC preamp). He might want my new Fender Jaguar bass (red), which was the very first commercial model of it made--I work in a music store. So the question is, which would you rather have of the three? To some, the answer may be obvious. However, I am struggling to weigh the pros and cons of each. :confused:

2. I think a lot depends on what you feel that your attachment is with the different models. Of the 3 I would think the Jaguar would be the most versatile. The EMG upgrade is a good thing too. I like the bright tone of the Spectors. The J bass would give you the J bass sound, but I believe with the Jaguar you have passive and active control and already have the J pickups in it too. Personally I don't think you will be gaining anything with the trade. If you get rid of the Jaguar, then you have gotten rid of a bass with cool history. The Spector you have tailored to you liking with its new tonal improvements. Personally, I would keep what you have.

3. bryanjnkns

bryanjnkns

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulsa
    yep, what he said.

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Man, keep the Jag. It'll be worth a lot to you in 20+ years, assuming we're still around.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Whatever you do, don't trade that Jag unless it's to me.:)

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    She sure is pretty. You guys have given me great advice.

DCP_14.jpg

Yeah, I better keep her. Thanks guys! :)