Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LvHooters, Sep 25, 2000.

1. LvHooters

LvHooters

Sep 20, 2000
    Ok...Don't everyone laugh at once...need an opinion.
    I played the bass fiddle in Jr and HS %*@years ago and stopped..I just got the urge to play Bass again and bought a bass at a local music store..I'm sure I didn't get the best price..but wondered about the guitar..its a Hohner Pheonix Standard(4 string)It feels ok..seems to sound ok..although I am just using a small practice amp for now.I did adjust the action lower and that feels much better...Any opinions?...Be gentle please :)Thanks

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Bass fiddle?what's that an urb,cello,viola? sorry bout my lack of knowledge. I dunno anything bout the bass you mentioned sorry. that's all

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    LvHooters:

Welcome back to the world of subsonic terror! Congrats on your choice of a "real" instrument :rolleyes:

To my limited knowledge, the Hohner is not a high-end instrument. But, bass guitars have come a long, long way in the past few years! And, since it feels and sounds good to you, the only thing you need to do now is to ENJOY!!!!! :D:D

Play for a while, perhaps a few years, and see what you think of it then. You may really adore it, or not. But, no expensive instrument is worth the money when you're just starting out. It'll do the same thing and sound the same to you until you develop your hearing more. But, that comes with time.

Now...plug in and play and don't worry...you got a decent instrument! :D:D:D

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    That is the best advice you can get.

Welcome back!!!!!!!