1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions: Aguilar S 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joelb79, Mar 25, 2006.

1. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Well i managed to blow my cheap 210 last night at a gig. Seems as though the power rating of 150 watts was no joke. I had it running crossed over at 500hz with my 15" below it, but it made a big crackle at the beginning of covering sober by tool. :crying:

Looking at the agular s 410 as a replacement, but i would like to get some owners opinions on the cabinet before i blow my money on it.

Will it do top 40's covers, as well as be able to play anything im looking to play.

Head : Hartke 7000
    Bottom Cab: Custom 15" speaker in Hartke 115XL Cab
    Bass: 87' MM Sterling 4

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Did you see my thread from last night? Sterling + S410 = heaven.

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I was too busy with a lady last night, although this forum is just as addicting as bass playing and women.

Sounds good man! I dont love SWR Electronics, but im sure the burpy voice of my hartke head with a touch of distortion off the sansamp will definatly make for a killer rig.

SOLD! (Still would appreciate any body elses opinions on this cabnet)

4. SethD

SethD Supporting Member

I think the 410 would work well for top 40s and many applications. Great cabinet. I'm currently running an AG 500SC through a 4ohm S 410. Not quite as full in the low end as two GS112s, but I prefer the 410 at the moment because it cuts through a mix so wonderfully. I'm really impressed with the tweeter. It's smooth and the overall sound of the cab is well balanced. Another plus is that the S 410 is rugged and quite portable.

5. I have played an AG500 through the S410 by itself and stacked with an S210 on several occasions. It's nice to have the backline supplied by a music shop owner with great taste. The S series cabs emphasize the mids which means it cuts through well. They are definitely not mid scooped like I experience the GS series cabs. I think it would meet your needs very well and the current prices are ridiculously low.

I wouldn't want to own one personally because it is short, compact and relatively heavy (83 lbs). It rolls fine on casters if you live and gig in a paved urban environment, but I live out in a rural area and I'm getting old enough that I want that much weight in a taller cab so I can get some leverage on it for lifting into the back of my pickup.

6. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I'm running the S410 stacked on top of a GS212. I occasionally unplug either cab to A-B them. It's definitely more mid oriented than the 212 when PLAYING in the mids of the bass, and you expect it to be a bit weak when going for the lower registers. I'm always pleasantly surprised when that does not happen. It stays clean at moderate to loud volumes on the B. I just haven't tested it louder than that.
    It's a great cab. Get one while you still can.

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The S410 would put out even more bass if you put it on the ground next to the GS212 for your A/B tests. To me, the S410 sounds deeper and bassier than the GS410.

I'm tempted to order another one so I can leave one at my buddy's house and have one for my own use.

8. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I'm sure the bass response would improve if it was on the floor. I even (necessarily) have the cabs 8 inches from the wall, so maybe I don't even know what they really sound like.:)