Opinions and price check on Ibanez BTB 705 DX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ivan7342, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ivan7342

ivan7342

Sep 2, 2017
    Hello guys.

I want to get a BTB bass, never played one but i want to try that strings separation.
    Right now i´m playing a SR505.

I don`t like the current line of BTB basses (i dont like how they look i mean), i like the BTB845 DTL, but alas, Ibanez don´t sell it on Europe.

I found a used, in good shape BTB 705 DX, looks good, but price is 700 Euros, since i think is not a premiun, nor a prestige, price seems a bit high, i searched the web but didn´t found other people selling the same bass to do a comparation.

Anyone know how those 2 measure up? i paid 400 Euros for the SR505, so i would´t want to pay 300 more for a bass in the same league.

I`m no rush to get another bass, i can wait to see the 2018 Ibanez line up, or wait for another used in better price also...

Thanks!

2. dax21

dax21

Nov 26, 2011
    Serbia
    I got a 4 string, btb700dx. They retailed for ~700 euros on thomann when they were available new so if it's used it should be a little bit cheaper. However they are fairly rare as they were a limited run for a year or two only for europe and japan. Overall best looking BTBs I've seen but that is very subjective obviously.

Overall it's a big step up from an SR500/505. You have EMG DCs both in bridge and neck, 35" scale compared to standard 34 on the SR and neck is a bit flatter, wider and obviously has bigger string spacing (19mm) compared to smaller SR neck. Looks wise its killer. I've had mine for 5 years now, only flaws are that the neck is lacquered (some folks dislike that) and that the body finish is very prone to wear, just like SR505 one. If you got any other questions feel free to ask.

3. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Been play the BTB 705DX(with EMG pup and Black body) at GC few years ago.
    Tone is different than BTB come with Bart MK II , less open sound but better clean and clear every single note !
    The B string sound is cleaner and less bassy than BTB Bart MK II.

4. ivan7342

ivan7342

Sep 2, 2017
    Thank you guys!!
    The one i really want is the BTB 1605 DeepTwilight, but it`s not easy to find one, and price is almost double than the 705DX...
    Time to think about being patient and save some more money, or just settle with the 705DX for the time being.