Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions anybody?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobaweeka, Jan 2, 2001.

1. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    I was just wondering what your opinions on ESP basses. I'm looking for a cheap entry bass and I've been eyeing a b-50. I've heard nothing but good things about them and I want your imput because you guys are obviously more experienced in the bass department than I am. Thanks.

2. LilMaggit

LilMaggit

Dec 31, 2000
    I personally like the ESP basses. I haven't been playing very long, but they are really good quality basses as far as I see. I have an ESP LTD B-304. It's awesome. I would probably consider going with the B-50 for price reasons if you are into getting an ESP. That would be a really good bass to start off with. Then you can work your way up. Good luck!

3. ahh. esp's.... i've been eyeing this esp ltd. fretless (don't know what the model is) it's silver and only $269 but sounds much more expensive..

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't really like them, but HEY! This bass is for you, not me.

From what I can tell, they are well constructed basses that sound OK, but like most Korean products, the electronics are where they cut the corners.

You may like the way the stock electronics sound, but if you don't, it's a fairly easy(if a bit expensive) upgrade.