Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions, anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funky_bluesbass, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Hello,
    Well, lets see, in my main band I have using my main rig (Mesa 600, GK 4x10 cabs) but have stumbled upon a little side project. I really dont see the need to lug my rig around for this second thing, so I have been thinking about just buying a rack mount processor with amp modeling to just run into there board. Unfortunately, the Line 6 Podxt Pro is a bit pricey for me at this time, but I've been thinking about the Behringer V-amp Pro rack mount jobby......... anyone have one, just need a bit of a review, thanks.

Jess

2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    What's wrong with just using the Mesa 600 XLR direct out?

Pro's have used straight DI decades before the concept of 'modeling.'

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Some people like the Vamp pro, some dont. Give it a try and see for yourself.

4. Dont want to run my boogie unloaded.... hell, just ease of use, want to be able to carry every thing in set up, and go in 5 mins...... LOL :smug:

5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Ok.

I run my SWR preamp tube DI to the board
    with no Speakers (load) all the time.

Much more flexible and better tone then 99.9% DI's.

Just trying to help.

6. What SWR head do you have? Do you run a pre or post signal and do you really crank the EQs all over or is it fairly flat?

7. Does the SM 400-S have to XLR D.I.s or have you bought a seperate D.I. box?

8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003

YMMV

SM 400-S

Recording:
    Switched to 'Direct' (pre eq.)

To a PA board:
    Direct XLR (pre eq.) to board channel strip A.
    ...and...
    Direct XLR (post eq, post fx,) to board channel strip B.