1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions, anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMDavis, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Just wanted to get some opinions on my tone, and on my band in general. I'm using a Korean-made Squier J-bass with Nordstrand pickups through a direct box.

There are previews of our album on this website.

2. There's some good stuff in there from what I can hear. Not a fan of that style of singing but for the music it works well and he seems to be able to hold a note pretty well (I can hear some auto-tune in songs so it's hard to tell).

Your tone is nice and sits well in the mix, I like the fact that you don't limit yourself to simplistic basslines as per what usually happens in this style of music.

Good stuff! Look forward to hearing more!

3. Thanks! Yeah, the producer threw some auto-tuning in there just so it would catch the listener's attention a bit more, which I guess it does. It's only on that one song, though.

Heh, when I first joined the band, they let me do whatever I wanted, so I started making up relatively cheesy basslines. They always stick!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020