1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions - Carvin B1500 with Bergantino HT110(x2)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buckminster, Apr 25, 2009.

1. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I've just acquired my second Berg HT110 and am considering swapping out (a.k.a. selling :ninja:) my Carvin B800 and picking up a B1500. The Bergs are really inefficient (94.5 db 1watt/1meter), so I think that the massive power of the B1500 wouldn't really be an issue. Plus I'd have alot of headroom. I already know I love the tone of these amps.

Any folks with B1500 experience stringly encouraged to reply.

Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's alot of amp for just two 10" drivers. I'd think you would want either more spkr, or less amp. But, that's me.

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I've got a B1500 powering a 212 650 watt 4ohm cab. The B1500 has 1250 watts @ 4ohms available but I'm not anywhere near using all of it.

The only reason a B1500 would be too much amp is the weight compared to the weight of 2 10's. The B1500 has a volume knob.

Using 2 H110's with a B1500 = super clean headroom.

4. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    The B1500 weighs about as much as one of the 110s. That's not even an issue. And of course it has a volume knob.

Yes, they are only 10 inch cabinets :rollno:, but they are very inefficient and can take alot of power. They also put out more low end than most 12s and probably rival some 15s. Seriously. I'm thinking that the extra headroom will be worth the weight.

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    B1500 has clean headroom and excellent tone. You can't go wrong with it. I'll always have one in my stable.