1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions: Hartke 410TP+210TP+R1000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NexTnmE, Jan 16, 2012.

1. NexTnmE

NexTnmE

Jun 30, 2010
    CT
    Sorry for another "Hartke TP" thread, but I am looking to get a decent, lighter, smaller cab/setup.

I have the 210TP now as my home studio cab, and a Carvin RL410T with the R1000 head for shows. So-so impressed with the sound/volume of the 210, but...

I would like to get a Hartke 410TP from guitar center ($150 used), and use my 210TP for a 6x10 rig. Most likely run the R1000 bi-amped (225x2). It doesnt need to be crazy loud on stage, always mic'd through the house sound, so it's more for me and the drummer to hear. I liked the fact that these aluminum cones are "punchy" so it should cut through... or I hope.

I've read the threads about how people think these are crap, but then people say they're fine for small shows... blah blah blah. I will be keeping the RL410T incase of big venues, but want a lighter, gig-able setup.

Opionions from anyone with this, or similar setup??

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Using a 4x10 and a 2x10 together will work fine as long as the 2x10 has twice the impedance of the 4x10. So an 8Ω 2x10 with a 4Ω 4x10 OR a 16Ω 2x10 with an 8Ω 4x10. this will allow all of the drivers in each cabinet to receive about the same power.

3. NexTnmE

NexTnmE

Jun 30, 2010
    CT
    Hmm. They're both 8ohms, but I was going to drive them separately with the bi-amp crossover set at 200hz. I can control both power amps separately on the front of the R1000, as well as the master volume…

I guess I’ll just have to buy it and bring it to practice. Pretty sure Guitar Center has a 30-day guarantee…

4. NexTnmE

NexTnmE

Jun 30, 2010
    CT
    They are both the same: 8ohms. But I was going to drive them with separate power amps having the crossover set at 200hz. The R1000 can control both power amps on the front, as well as master volume.

For $150 I think I'm gonna pick it up, jam out at practice... If it stinks, I'll just bring it back...

5. Can't really go wrong at $150. The 410TP lacks a bit in the low end, but sounds OK in the mids & highs. The aluminum speakers are a bit bright, basically sound like having a tweeter on, which can be eq'd to your liking.

6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    Skip the crossover, and just run one on each side of the amp, balanced to be reasonably even volume speaker-to-speaker. (crossing it over just robs the low end out of one of the cabs, wasting its potential and leaving you with no more low end power than the other cab by itself.)

The cool trick would be to wrangle two 8ohm transporter speakers to load the 2x10 with, wire it to 16ohms, and run it right along with the 4x10 one one side for a true 6x10 cab with equal power to all 6 speakers.

7. NexTnmE

NexTnmE

Jun 30, 2010
    CT
    I bought it today :) Sounded pretty damn good with the Peavey Tour 450 they had (which is also one of my back up heads).

I was thinking instead wiring the 410TP at 2ohms? And leave the 210TP at 8ohms? The R1000 is 500w at 2ohms and 225w at 8ohms (max).

8. NexTnmE

NexTnmE

Jun 30, 2010
    CT
    Took apart the 410TP last night, gave it a good cleaning etc.. there were some wood chips inside which I vacuumed out... Since all the connectors where just snap on, I made the two 10's on the right parallel, same with the two on the left, then those connected to the box. Havent turned it up yet, but they're working, and that should be 2ohms.

Pretty sweet lookin I must say!

IMAG0029-1.