1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions Needed on GK412 Neo Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reuben Hernandez, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Been thinking about getting a new cab and this one seems to fit the bill. With all the great reviews I've read about I believe this cab will do what I needed it to do.

My question is I currently run a GK400RB II and I was wondering if this head was enough to push this cab. There is no music store here that carry GK in inventory so I cannot try it out for myself.

I only play small to mid size venues/clubs with full PA support so no worries there. But if by chance if I don't have PA support will this combo be enough to play this size clubs.
    Got a couple of guitar players that play out of full Marshall stacks with 50 watt heads

Eventually I will get the 1001RB and the 400RB will be regulated to the back up role.

So what are your guys and gals opinions? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reuben

2. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    Yes, you can run 1 watt through that cab if you like, there's no risk of damage.

3. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    While I don't have any personal experience with the Neo 412 (though I do with other GK Neo 12 models), That 412 and your 400RB should be a great combination.

If it wasn't for the fact that you said you play with a couple guitars with full stacks :wideyed:, I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up keeping the 400RB after trying it out - that 412 will bring out the best in that amp thanks to all of that speaker real estate.

But then again, if your guitarists ever decide to bring their full stacks to small to mid size venues they're going to have to turn down a ton anyways - if the sound guy even lets them bring it all on stage ;), so in that case, you'll have more than enough to keep up with them as far as the optimal stage-volume-level is concerned for those sorts of places using decent FOH support.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. Thanks and oh yea these guys go all out with full stacks, this week end alone they each took two full stacks but just used one each the others were just for looks. Hell we actually have a total of 12 full Marshslls!

We all usually leave the volume at practice level and let FOH do all the work.

Just trying to make sure if there was no support could this combo keep up.

Thanks

5. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Those old 400RB-iis are rated at 200w-even @4ohm, so... no, with no additional support I'd wager it wouldn't. Not in your situation. All IMO of course.

Warhawk likes this.