Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions needed on Ibanez BTB406!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 43apples, Aug 11, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hi guys!

I just got some money, and i need a new bass, so well, finally gas relief time!

The bass i'm considering to get is a Ibanez BTB406. I played one for a while at a local instrument shop, and i really liked it; it had a very nice growly and fat tone, very tigth and snappy feeling, and a very consistent tone from string to string, very useable B-string.

So, i'm looking for opinions on this bass. Advice, reviews and opinions are greatly appreciated!

And also, sorry for the total nonsense in this post... i've been awake for 42 hours, and i'm high on coffee! :hyper:

Cheers,
    -Erlend

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    BUY IT!!!!!!!

3. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Well... unlucky me just found out that the BTB-406 was discontinued for the norwegian market last month! :(

There's another bass i'm considering though, the Schecter Stiletto Studio 6. Too bad it costs too much ($2000USD) here in norway, and i've never played it!

4. The schecter has tighter string spacing than the BTB. Keep an eye out on ebay for used BTBs.