Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions Needed on potential Forum changes: DBers please check in!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Wow.... 25 views, and so far no one has bothered to post in the other thread. Perhaps I should mention that YES, I understand that few down here care whether or not there is a tab forum in BG. Duh. But what I was looking for opinions on was the idea Paul is proposing on page 2 of that thread about the theory/jazz forum: would it be better to have one big theory forum for the whole site, or to have separate ones for DB and BG? I'm on the fence about this, and so is Paul. So if you have a preference, please state it in the linked thread.

3. robw

robw

May 14, 2001
    Long Beach, CA
    Sorry for the delay. It is a worthwhile discussion, and a topic that I am interested in - since I am gaining from people's knowledge of theory and instruction at this site. So, I put my $.02 in.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Rob,

Thanks, that's the spirit. Contrary to possible appearances, I'm not at all mad about this - I just want people to have a say before changes are made. :)

5. My votes:
    1. Separate Tab forum. If it doesn't work out after 3 months, flush the Tab forum and ban Tab requests.
    2. Separate theory forums for BG and DB. Theory questions are often couched with specific applications in mind.