Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

opinions needed.SWR\Ampeg Backup Cab/Addition

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StoutXXX, Jul 22, 2003.

1. I OWN: SVT-3 head and 6x10hlf cab(4ohms).MMSR5 and Czech Spec.
    Wanted: 8x8 SWR Sir Henry 2(4ohms) years old and only 1/4 jacks and attenuater.
    I was wondering what you guys thought of the SWR itself and also as a backup cab. Also if i get my rack built up use both a 2 ohms and have a unique bottom heavy sound. Does this sound feasible? Anyway I just want opinions please and its a great deal and sounds great but just mainly wanted to hear what others thought. Thanks for your time.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I like swr I've owned several different models and lines of their equipment. I like the pro stuff best, 8x8 is pro, lots of puch and good lows. you can't go wrong unless some of the drivers are broken.

3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Henry 8x8 has been my main cabinet for years.
    Can't say enough good things about it.

The Henry as a back up cab?
    Watch out, it may well replace the 6x10 as the favorite.

4. Thank you both for your answers..and I do believe that these 2 cabs are going to be fighting me for attention. Is it just me or does the 8X8 handel lower freq. a little better? seems odd regarding speaker size and both are ported...... anyway keep it coming I like fedback good or bad, live and learn.