1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions of the great ones...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danstefl, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Ok I have seen threads on this but I want to get a bit more into it.

Trace Elliot ah500-7 with a 4 ohm cab and Eminence speakers - $800.

A friend of mine was signed by a record company and then spon. by Spector. Lucky guy. Anyway he wrote me and said he had a Trace Elliot ah500-7 "laying around" (sarcasim) and a 4ohm 4x10 cab with Eminence speakers he used to play on stage with Otep and Static X.

He is giving me a hella of a deal, this I know. Thing is, I am a young guy, burried in student loans and if I am going to invest into gear I want to make sure it is worth every penny.

I hear "Pre Gibson, Pre Peavy" and all this crap and he is pretty sure it is from when they weren't Gibson anymore.

Can I get some indepth opinions and not just reviews on the gear, the deal, the cost and just your overall feelings. As i always say - WWTBD??

2. would love to hear from my brothers on here...

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    If you order that particular Trace head through Guitar Center, you can get a brand new one for $600 - that's what they told me because I went to sell my AH 500-7 to them for barely anything.

I really don't understand what you are looking for in your post if you don't want to opinions about the gear or the deal, isn't that why you posted here? Do you want wattage values at given frequencies or what not? I can't help you there then.

Regardless, it's a decent amp and very clean sounding. It really lacks that warm and round sounding midrange that can punch a bass tone out in the mix, but it certainly delivers the full rated power when you need it to. I don't have experience with the older Trace gear. This deal would not be my first choice, but I think you should give it a try and see what happens. I would ask him to get the price down a little.