Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on a Crown XLS 602?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crazyphil, Jul 30, 2003.

1. As the title says, what are your opinions on this amp?

2. catphish

catphish

Feb 25, 2003
    Ive been using one for about 6 months now, and I'm very happy with it. Some people in other threads have said that you can't use it in Bridged mono, but that's not true. You can, but you have to get a XLR spliter cable and re-wire it. The manual tells you how to do it, and it took me all of about 5 minutes with VERY limited soldering experience.

I'm most likely going to buy another for a PA. Some people say they are poor quality, but I have had very positive experiences so far.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No problmes with my XLS402. You can't go wrong buying Crown.

QSC seems to be the favorite around here, but Crown is just as good. To some people, it's better.

-Mike

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just to clarify on the bridged issue.

Rumor has it, that the older models (the 3 space units, which are still available here and there) are not bridgeable, but the newer 2 space models are.

This is simply not true, but there is some work involved, as catphish stated. You must make an XLR cable splitter, with the channel two plug being reversed in polarity.....this puts it in phase with each other, then simply hook your banana cable up to both positive terminals.

I just got this unit today, so I can't give a review just yet, but here are some specs.

1200 watts @ 8 ohms bridged
    1680 watts @ 4 ohms bridged
    3 year warranty

$309 brand new in the box from an ebay dealer.....tough to beat for the price, I know of nothing else that puts out these kind of numbers in it's price range.

[