Opinions on a GK stack...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickenbacker, May 6, 2005.

1. patrickenbacker

Feb 2, 2005
    Hey, I would like your opinions on the Gallien Krueger
    115SBX-II cabinet with the 800RB head. I need something that provides good picking and fingerstyle tone and is portable and powerful. Thanks!

2. The 800RB and the 1001RB are the same price. I personally like the 1001RB better because it's twice the power, has better lowend and better punch and articulation. The 800RB definitely has a 'vibe' to it though.

I prefer the GK Neo 115 to the 115SBX, but I like the 115SBX better than the 115RBH. The SBX has a really warm and round lowend response. The neo has a similar lowend but adds a stronger midrange. The RBH is more aggressive with slightly less lowend.
  3. patrickenbacker

Feb 2, 2005
    thanks a lot, ill look into those.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I really like the SBX cabs. I use the RBS cabs (SBX without horns) and they're nice and punchy, yet warm. Great allaround response. I haven't had a chance with the NEO's yet.

If you don't need the power of the 1001RB, this is the only time I'll probably ever disagree with Dan, is I prefer the 800RB.
  5. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Well I have the original 115SBX that I use along w/the 210SBX and a 700RBII. I love the cabinet, but unfortunately had to replace the 200W driver early on during the warranty period.

The good thing is GK's customer service was very responsive and replaced it with the 400W driver.

Since the 115SBX-II already has the 400W driver, I think you will love it.
  6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    a big thumbs up for the GK1001rb / Neo setup. I had to lug a huge rig around to get a tone i liked , until i realized that the GK has the beautiful tone i love in a very convenient package. The horn management system is wonderful and hard for me to live without after I have used it. I have a Neo 212 and it is light, portable and sounds killer. I have had a lot of bassists come by to check out basses and wind up noticing my amp more than anything. On the 1001rb, I find it sounds wonderful without tons of tweaking... in fact, my eq is pretty much straight up ( flat ) and it sounds full and warm and punchy. I am very happy with the GK gear.