1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on a Schecter Model T?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrkreuzschlitz, Apr 3, 2009.

1. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    This bad boy has been popping up in more and more professional player's hands,

but unfortunately mine have yet to grace it's strings. I'm very intrigued by it though. Seymour Duncan Basslines, Graphtech nut, Grover tuners, all that nice hardware....

It's gotta be a good bass huh?

Well, I'm starting to look at new basses, and the Black/Maple is stunning, but looks aren't everything. What do you guys thing of it, soundwise and playability?

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Anyone?

3. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Really, no one?

4. Okay I'll bite. I believe they've appeared in 3 incarnations, with the elecs being the chief difference.

a) Duncan Basslines pickups
    b) Duncan 'Designed' pickups
    c) EMG pickups, 9v 2-band

I've owned "b" and "c". Fit and finish on both was good, fret work and setup was excellent on both. Built in Korea, set up in USA. Very nice players, but both were 10+ lbs.

The Duncan "designed" pickups were a tad thin sounding, but clear. Ash body.

The EMG equipped one was the actual DeLeo sig model, as denoted on the back of the headstock. Body may have been alder, not sure. Huge sound, dead quiet, as you'd expect from the EMG array.

In summary, great bang for buck and a darn good looking bass (IMO).

Here's my STP sig with EMG's. If only this bad, bad girl was a bit lighter...(sigh)

dd63066c.