Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on a Trace V-Type Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hstiles, Mar 11, 2005.

1. I'm looking after my friend's bass gear whilst he works overseas. His amp is a Trace Elliot V-Type combo (4 x 8") with a 15" extension cab (not the V-Type extension, but the smaller of the two TE 15" enclosures).

We have been talking recently and he has decided that it might be worth him selling the amp. Lovely as it is, I prefer the sound of my rig.

It is hard to find information on this combo on the web. I gather that TE only made a few before Gibson came along, bought them and did their thing. Are they highly regarded? Would anyone from the forum be interested in purchasing it?

It's had minimal use and is in astounding condition (I've managed to keep my cats well away from the green carpet).

2. I'm not trying to flout TB regulations by the way, it's a rhetorical question. I'm looking for a "wow, that's quite an amp you have there" or a "good luck shifting that!" kind of response.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Being a Trace Elliot freak and all, I would love to have some pics of it. Specs and stuff would be cool as well. I have never seen one and would like to add it to my collection of pics and info on Trace equipment.

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yes, pics would definitely be cool pls.

6. Here are some photos of the combo. I haven't bothered with the extension cab.

It's a 300W MOSFET power stage with a tube preamp (2 x 12AX7). The EQ stage is passive with gain, bass, mid, treble and volume controls. There are deep and bright switches.

Attached Files: