Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on a transaction gone bad.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmutant, Nov 7, 2004.

1. update, guess my last email with the apology seemed to soften his position a bit, sales back on......

2. You are right, he is wrong to attack you like that.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    IMO the other person is massively overeacting. I cannot fathom an online purchase or a significant piece of hardware from someone without seeing pics (unless I knew the other party well). I dont read anything in the tone of your email which is insulting in any way.

Think of it this way, at worst you lucked out on a new amp, at best you saved yourself getting ripped off by a possible scammer, but you still have your cash. You can post your feedback on the user in the feedback forum.

4. sales back on, apparently my last email seemed to soften his position

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think its just the nature of written communication ... it doesnt carry tone well.

I personally don't think your email was insulting at all. It reads to me that you were giving him a break (ie dont have to take a shot of every scratch and dent, just some peace of mind shots for you). I would do the same thing (I usually just ask for a shot of the serial number etc).

I would just forget about it, post negative feedback and walk away.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah he was pretty fast out of his chair on that matter.

Seems unfair, bassmutant :)

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, he was a bit touchy but, on the other hand, you were not all that conciliatory. You could have apologized with no buts, and played it so the deal panned out. You did not control the situation as you easily could have. A little too much testosterone on both sides, IMO.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude is a bit uptight.

brad cook

9. sorry to delete all my posts, but the last email I sent the guy, i had apologized, and he seemed to accept it, the price difference between buying from him and buying from the vendor is about 200 dollars, not to mention he included shipping, so i've got to take him up on this deal, I never represented anything on here other than facts, but I figured i had better delete my posts as not to anger the dude, i just want to buy the amp and be done with it. Thanks for the advice all.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to go. Now you get what you want.