1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions On AMPEG BA series?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The1bassist06, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Whats you guy's opinion on this series? I havent heard all that much good stuff about them and i just bought a Ampeg BA 115T and now i felt like i made a bad buy =(. Thoughts?

2. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    I don't like my BA 115, not a lot of power, and it pops if you have anything plugged into the CD inputs.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    for the money i think they're terrific. anyway, who cares what people think? you're the one who has to play it, and if you like it, it's great, and everyone else can go get stuffed.

4. I just bought a BA112 used 'cause it was super cheap, but to me it has no power to speak of, no tone to speak of, and heavy as all get out!!

It's just sittin' here by my computer in case I break out the bass for a minute.

5. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    you think it's HEAVY? it's 39 lbs:eyebrow:

They're good for practice amps IMO, not much more than that. If the price is right, go for it. they don't sound BAD, but I've heard a lot of other combos & cabs that I think sound better.

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I think the speakers and tweeters are garbage.. but the solidstate head unit isnt that bad.. I had the ba115 blew the speaker after 2 years. made a bfm omni 2x10 cab and used the 100 watt head from the combo to make a 2x10 combo and its great. the main thing i hated about the ba115 combo was the fact that it hisses so bad even at low volumes. the 2x10 combo is still my practice amp for writing and some recording.

7. Maxicooper

Maxicooper

Mar 17, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    Just got a BA115. Have to agree on the hiss, but on the bright sight, I really love the sound of the BA115. :D
    IMO, I like it more than than the Line 6 LD110 that I used to have for the practice session.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I love my little BA112, for what it is, but the only thing that matters is how YOU like yours.