1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on BOSS GE-7B and the Ibanez BE10 - Planning to clone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Caramthros, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Caramthros

Caramthros

May 26, 2012
    The plan is to clone one of these to make a graphic EQ. The Ibanez is the cheapest to make, but the BOSS is known for being good.

Does anyone have one of these and if so tell me their opinion on them.

Also I could buy a Behringer EQ for the price to make the Ibanez, but is it good enough to be worth buying? Or if there are any good and verified EQ schematics etc out there, let me know.

Cheers

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Graphic EQ pedals are pretty cheap. It is worth the time and effort and clone one?

3. Caramthros

Caramthros

May 26, 2012
    Still a bit more than I'd like to spend for some. I've recently finished university and have very little money at the moment. So as you can see I want to try and keep this as cheap as possible.

The behringer one is around £25, Ibanez - I can't get in England and the BOSS one is around £70-80. Like I've said, could buy the behringer for the same price to clone the boss but if its crap compared, then I'll clone.