1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on Carvin PS15-C's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Micajah, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Micajah

Micajah

Sep 25, 2017
    Orange County, CA
    Recently acquired a B25B head and (as a separate purchase) a B25B Cab.
    Refurbished the head with new filter caps and thorough check-out as well as re-tolexing it and the cab with new tolex.The cab came with 2 Carvin PS15C's (supposedly capable of handling 600watts each). The amp and cab sounds good but wondering if I should search out some Altec 421A's to get it back to vintage? B25B - - 1.jpg B25B - - 2.jpg B25B - - 1 (1).jpg

2. I have used Carvin’s 10 “ and 12” drivers and have always been pleased with them. Altecs are hard to find and in my B15 I preferred the original driver over the Altec I tried.

3. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    I owned a couple of those drivers though mine were 500 watt version but they had the same model#. I bought them in the late 90s and I loved them very much. Apparently they were made by Eminence.

I would be delighted to find them in any cab. If they sound good to you, I think you'll be happier with these than any other driver. I wish Carvin still used these.

BadExample likes this.