1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Opinions on Cort Artisan C5 Plus ZMBH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Masilona, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Masilona

Masilona

Nov 30, 2016
    Saw this bass on a youtube review and I was really amazed by its prize! it just cost like 400$ or so..! And it has Mark Bass MB-01 preamp as well Bartolini mk 01 pickups.! What do you guys think?
    more info on the official site:
    C5 Plus ZBMH
    Youtube review:
    Artisan_C4_ZBMH.png

B-Mac likes this.
  2. IMO, Cort basses are highly underrated and represent an excellent value for the $$.

I have an older C4H that I have kept despite moving on to other basses as my main instrument. Very nicely designed and built. The current offerings offer even better value with the upgraded pre-amp and pickups.

Please know that Cort basses are known to be similar to Ibanez instruments - particularly in the neck. This bass has a thin-ish neck (but quite stable) and narrow string spacing. Very comfortable and playable if that is your preference. If you like slab-like necks and 19mm spacing, proceed with caution.

B-Mac likes this.
  3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Yes, Ibanez in drag, very tasty.

BurnOut likes this.
  4. Masilona

Masilona

Nov 30, 2016
    Yes well Cort certainly do produce the best value for money basses!! Considering that even the Ibanez basses are manufactured at the Cort factory...
    The C4H is actually an older version of this I suppose.. but had only 2band EQ ?
    And about this base,Well, I guess they do have thin necks like the Ibanez SR series. Not just the neck, the whole built and design is almost similar. And yeah the thin string spacing will prove uncomfortable maybe for slapping , but they have their advantages I suppose like for finger picking and for people with smaller hands.... Also yeah the artisan series pretty much all have thin spacing except the A5..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. @Masilona... Yes the C4H has a 2-band EQ, but also has a mid boost toggle switch.

I love the bass. I have just moved on to 5 strings.

6. Bunnoodle

Bunnoodle

Nov 29, 2017
    Where the hell do you get these basses in the US!!!! Trying to get my hands on a c5 plus!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  7. Emster

Emster

Jun 11, 2018
    Thailand
    I got one of these couple of weeks ago (in Thailand). I like it, and the looks are very tasty. Amazing part is only cost me $330 with very good gig bag. My first experience with 5 strings, so there is a learning curve.... haha

8. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    If you can play C5, SR305 and Jazz bass side by side, C5 neck is no as slim as both.
    I own B5 several months ago, the neck still different compare to SR505.

About the pickup and preamp.
    With both pup engage, C5 tone is more to bright side and less warmth compare to SR305E powerspan pup. You have to turn the blend knob to neck pup side to get thicker and warmer tone. Or, try darker tone string.

The bridge on Cort bass has string spacing adjustable saddle.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    FingerDub likes this.
  9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I just got mine a few days ago. It arrived needing a setup. I found the trussrod to be maxed out while a couple of saddles were all the way down. I wasn't able to get the action any where close to what I needed. I contacted the seller and they sent a return shipping label. Before I packed it up I shimmed the neck and everything is fine now.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021