Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Crest LT2000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guru0z, Sep 6, 2003.

1. guru0z

guru0z

Aug 17, 2003
    Im thinking about buying a Crest LT2000 power amp, does anyone have experience with this power amp or Crest products in general?

2. guru0z

guru0z

Aug 17, 2003
    cmon someone has to know something

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've got an LT1000 in my future. I know Chris Benavente uses a crest in his rig as does Brian Barrett. The NAMM video's from http://www.benaventeguitars.com are all of Benavente basses plugged direct into a crest then to a Bergantino HT322.

4. I had an LT 1500. It was a good reliable amp, sounded great. But only tubes for me now.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Don't look back man. Buy the amp. I have the ST2000 and I'll never buy another poweramp. The response is super fast and it sounds HUGE! I couldn't reccomend a better amp.

6. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I have a Crest Lt 1500 and it is a great amp. Call Brian Barrett at the low end.

7. 35 pounds.

Heavier than a PLX, lighter than an RMX.

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Wow, they just changed the weight on them. Use to be 27 Lbs.... well its a light 35 Lbs :)

Couldn't ask for a better amp! Its alot more musical then some other amps on the market. And the price on them for what you get is unbeatable.