Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on "CustomShopParts.com"'s Fat pole Pups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PasdaBeer, Aug 1, 2004.

1. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    anyone have any experience with customshopparts.com pickups, or tuners/bridges?

http://mailboxmusic.zoovy.com/product/BPU_MM4

im needing a decent MM style pup, butam pretty low in the funding dept at the time.

THanks
    Zac

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    No experience with actually <i>using</i> either at this time, but I have a heap of the single tuner bridge assemblies. They look very nicely made, but the design of one of my customs has changed and my luthier wasn't impressed with them (he's very traditional), so they may not be used.

For a reasonably priced 'block' bridge, look at the Mighty Mite MM1204 (iirc). I have one on a bass and it's a very serious looking solid brass construction. I got it cheap too, which makes it even better.

PS: my dealings with Custom Shop Parts were excellent.

3. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    i have more hipshot A and B style bridges then i wish to think about, lookin more into the pups : )

thanks anyways
    PB

4. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    you lookin to sell any of those single string bridges? i may be interested in a set.

5. Put one in my last build at the bridge, teamed up with a small Gibson HB at the neck. Astounding! I liked it enough to want to put 2 in an upcoming project. They are well potted with plenty of lead. Great sound.

I've used some of the Custom Shop "Slim Tail" bridges. These are sort of like the Spector bridges with a topload feature. They are well made, easy to install and do a good job. I've installed both the satin chrome and the black. Each does a great job.

I'm impressed with the quality of CS parts. If you look elsewhere like AllParts, you'll find similiar looking bridges with similiar descriptions but for a bit more $$.